Wednesday, 30 November 2011
Tuesday, 29 November 2011
A: I think they were close, I also think she was more of a son to him because the book states that he taught her about weapons and about hunting which is usually a male task (not trying to be sexist). Also even 5 years later she wakes up screaming for her father to run from the fatal explosion that killed him.
2. Q: We are introduced to Gale, based on Katniss' tone, word choice, and emotion when she speaks of him do you think she wants to be more that bestfriends?
A: Yes, but i think there relationship is more of a brother sister since they are so close. I think she wants a more serious relationship because she is jealous when Gale speaks highly of other girls. She also states that hes the perfect catch, hes strong, handsome and can hunt. Also when he tells her to look pretty at the ceremonie, she blushes and gets a warm feeling inside.
3. Q: Katniss has her doubts about Peeta mellark, did you think he was being genuinly nice or did he have a malicious plot unvailing?
A: I believe he has malicious plans because his life depends on him winning the games, therefore he would not be genuinely nice to the enemy, I think he's trying to soften up Katniss to make her an easier kill.
4. Q: How do you think Peetas relationship with his Mom is like?
A: Not so good, first reason i believe this is that when she finds Peeta outside for too long near the beginning of the book when he gives the bread to Katniss, she slaps him and demands his immediate return inside. Secondly when she goes to visit Peeta before the games, she says that district 12 might finally have a winner this year hinting not at him but at Katniss.
5. Q: Katniss makes an alliance with Rue a small girl, why do you think she trusts Rue and makes the alliance even though she could easily kill her?
A: Because Rue reminds Katniss of Prim, a sweet innocent little girl that was sent to the games against her will, leaving her family behind. Also Rue saved Katniss by warning her about the beehive above her head.
6. Q: Why do you think Katniss tries not to get to attached or associated with Peeta?
A: Because she thinks he may have malicious plans slowly unveiling. Also if they get to close killing each other will be a harder task mentally.
7. Q: Do you think other contestants fear Katniss?
A: Yes, especially after her score of 11 in the training session.
8. Q: Is Katniss confident that she will win the games?
A: I believe so, I think she feels she has to win or poor Prim will suffer dearly due to the unsecured care of her mother.
9. Q: When Peeta distracts Katniss to throw off her timing when she eyes down the arrows, do you think he was trying to protect her from the dangers of going in to the action or wanted to slim her chances of survival?
A: I think he was trying to protect her because he states that he loves her in his interview. Initially I thought Peeta was a snake and would simply kill Katniss when the games begun, but now after all the kissing and caring that Katniss has given Peeta, I now think that he genuinely cares.
10. Q: The games have proven that they can take a large mental toll on contestants, do you think mental instability will get to Katniss eventually?
A: Yes i think she will encounter a small mental breakdown but will quickly recover when it matters most.
Monday, 28 November 2011
Sunday, 27 November 2011
Katniss slowly falls for Peeta's personality as they work together throughout the training. What makes her bring her guard down? She swore she was going to do this alone because she was not going to jeopardize her spot in the games. But Katniss soon changes her mind and starts working with Peeta, trustfully.
In the games Katniss over hears a group of competitors passing by while eliminating another player. What she hears is nothing to feel good abou.t Then she hears his voice. The voice of her partner in training. The boy who had taken the beating from his parents just to give her a loaf of bread. Has Peeta betrayed her? Was this his plan all along? Is this a big joke and his plan to kill the group he's with or is he actually plotting to eventually kill Katniss?
It's just like those games of dodgeball when you make an alliance with your friend on the other team, and you play but randomly in the middle of the game she hits you, and you're out. Yes, you had an alliance but if she wanted to win, she had eliminate you. Of course this is a much different situation but the same terms. They didn't MAKE an alliance but it was clearly obvious. They were always together and they both kind of knew each other's strengths, weaknesses and strategies. They came from the same district! That's what made it kind of obvious that they wouldn't kill each each other unless it came right down to it.
Wednesday, 23 November 2011
Monday, 14 November 2011
Need to do: Each member needs to post atleast 10 comments related to each other's journal entries, post reviews, and article, or literature Circle postings.
Each member need 4 journal entries as you read the book.
As a group find and post review of the novel and an article about the author.