Wednesday 23 November 2011

Journal #1

Katniss is a character that has a lot of responsibility, she is considered the mother because her mom isn't helping at all so, Katniss gets all the food and all the other supplies her sister and mother need. She hunts often with Gale, a hunter she met a couple years back while hunting. They do better when they hunt together. The day of The Reaping Prim, Katniss's sister is nervous, but Katniss insists that she is going to be fine. When Katniss hears her sister's name called she knows that she has to do something and she sacrifices everything just so that her little sister could be free. If it came to a situation like that, I think I would do the same and sacrifice myself for my sister because I would want her to be safe. I wouldn't want her to have to lose her life, when I could save her. Even though she thinks she doesn't have a chance I think she doesn't know what she is capable of when she is fighting for her family and her friends. She has good survival skills, and she knows when to use them. I don't think she knows that she actually has a chance in winning the games. I think this because she is willing to fight on behalf of her sister. As long as she thinks properly and stays calm, she will have a really good chance at winning the Hunger Games.

6 comments:

  1. I agree about Katniss sacrificing herself for prim but i think its because she doesn't want her sister to die but also the fact that she experienced with killing and also experienced with survival. prim is not a killer she would not kill i think because of what she did with the stray cat that is why i believe she stood up when prim's name was called.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think it was because she didn't want Prim fighting because, Prim didn't know how to fight, but I think Katniss thinks she has a better chance at lasting in the hunger games. Katniss isn't really a killer either, yes she does hunt but that doesn't count as per say killing another human being. I think she volunteered herself because it was Prim's first year that she qualified for the games, and through thousands her name was called and Katniss thought it was her duty to take PRim's place so she wouldnt have to go through with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I think the reason she raised her hand in Prim’s place is because she didn’t want anything to happen to her sister. Katniss did everything in her power in order to ensure that Prim didn’t get picked for the Hunger Games. She didn’t let Prim take out any Tesserae for this exact reason. I think it’s ironic that in spite of this Prim still got picked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katniss does have a lot of responsibility not only in the beginning of the novel with her family but I believe also throughout the whole book. She goes from looking after her younger sister Prim, to becoming allies with Rue who is very similar to Prim. When Rue is killed by the boy in district one, Katniss feels as if it’s her responsibility to make sure she kills him and wins for Rue. Also when she finds Peeta wounded and sick in the mud she could’ve easily left him there to die. She took the responsibility to take care of him as best she could.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Agree with shivu statement but i believe she was also a mother like Brittany said so if you were a mother would you let a a sister or daughter die no especially if you had skill with weapons and killing even though it is different because its a person it is kinda the same thing dealing with killing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Alicia in the fact that she had responsibilities throughout the whole book and when it came to Rue being killed and Katniss wining for her, i think she did want to fight and win for her but also win for her family back home, for Prim, to be able to take care of her and be back so that PRim and her mom could be taken care of again.

    ReplyDelete